Ten Thousand Villages

Ten Thousand Villages

Ten Thousand Villages Celebrates Women in March

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Lend-a-Hand

In honor of International Women’s Day (March 8), Ten Thousand Villages, located at 915 King Street in Old Town Alexandria, will donate 15% of the sales on Sunday, March 6 to the Alexandria Domestic Violence Program. Ten Thousand Villages Alexandria has been raising money for the Office on Women since 2007.

Explains store manager Kate McMahon, “Commemorating Women’s Day in this way reminds us that we all have much more in common than we do differences, and because most of our artisans are women, all purchases on March 6 will actually do ‘double-duty’ – they will help women in Alexandria and provide essential income to women in the developing world.”

In addition, the store will donate an additional 10% for items made in Egypt and Afghanistan.  “Our artisans in Egypt need to get back to work after the recent strikes and unrest,” said McMahon, “and  I wish we carried more items from Afghanistan, but what we do carry is made by women, who continue to suffer such oppression.”

Shoppers at the store on Sunday will also receive a $1 discount on any flavor large sized chocolate bar from Divine Chocolate. Divine is conducting the promotion to honor the women who work in the Kuapa Kokoo cocoa cooperative in Ghana.

{screen_name} Ten Thousand Villages said on March 02, 2011

Lots of beautiful items made by women, to purchase for the women in your life!

working at home jobs said on June 19, 2011

It’s just an opinion question, so here’s mine. I can take it or leave it. I’m leaning toward the leave it side. I wouldn’t really expect to find any real quality items there, so I would give it a miss. It’s a nice effort, but, sorry, my money has better places to go.

boxweddingdress said on June 23, 2011

Are Wedding Dresses high-priced? Wish to preserve cash on Bridal Gowns and uncover Cheap Wedding Dresses? This article is right here today to serve you. Join me as we discover the ways to preserve on these high-priced essentials. A Wedding Dress is a focal level with the wedding ceremony. Indeed a wedding may be in Hawaii, it may well be on a personal island, it may be nearby, nevertheless in all situations, the dress is what makes the situation. We desire to help save, but when we hear reduced price tag dress, we may possibly wonder if that applies to good quality too.No! By expressing inexpensive dresses, we are investigating the cost tag, in lieu of the quality. Affordable isn’t going to have to suggest affordable. Actually it may imply a great bargain. But, how can you discover the bargains? Many people will visit a specialist shop; some will venture to some couple of retailers. If you wish to discover a very low price tag wedding dress, one particular issue you’ll need to do, is usually to look by way of many shops. This can be the only strategy to discover the real bargains. Yet another remedy is usually to search on the web, as there are many Bridal Stores online. These merchants typically have Cheap Wedding Dresses, that is a great issue. For example boxweddingdress dot com may be the right 1. Now you’ll be able to make huge price savings. And don’t forget it is not that it is affordable dresses on provide, but typically the savings are previous on to you personally.

flower girl dresses said on August 08, 2011

Of course, you want to reflect your own personality and it’s also very important to choose a colour that suits your skin tone, hair and eye colour. The wrong colour can make you look overly pale, washed out or simply will clash horribly. Here’s a guide to help you find a flattering tone for your wedding gown.

Cartier rings said on September 19, 2011

This blog is a great combination of suitable and useful information and well-written sentences that will certainly entice your sense and update you about new happening. Here I have found the information for which I was looking for long time.Cartier rings

TISSOT said on September 30, 2011

Diese Idee ist verrückt!Jedenfalls,T-ClassicIch mag diese Tabelle。Und es TISSOT Uhren ist sehr stilvolle

Mens Ture Religion jeans outlets said on September 30, 2011

Wow I read about it, but to be honest I never watched any picture of it, it was truly a serious event, the climate its changing very rapidly around the world, maybe the 2012 premonition is true.Cartier love necklace

selective factoring said on October 08, 2011

Honorable Women’s Day!! This mentioned view is really great for the celebration as well as I expect. Thanks a lot! smile

Managed services said on October 09, 2011

Grand news update! It’s really great that 10 thousand villages celebrates the “International Women’s Day”. And we are going to celebrate this day with several programs and cultural impression. Thanks a lot! smile

laptop computers said on October 11, 2011

Nice info included here! That’s informative and seems to honorable women’s day celebration. I can impress to hear that news. Thanks!

Water coolers Barrow on Humber said on October 18, 2011

Impressive article post!! I’ve just read this constructive news and I know that 10 thousand villages celebrated the “International Women’s Day”. It’s really award wining news and wish their great work. Keep it up!

Events nottingham said on October 19, 2011

Superb tutorial!! I’m so surprised that here 10 thousand villagers celebrated international women’s day. Just added this news bookmarks. Thanks for published! smile

Padlocks said on October 20, 2011

How can I express the impression to read the news update!! It’s simply great that 10 thousand villagers will donate their 15% sales to celebrate the International Women’s Day. It’s award wining post here you captured. Thanks a lot! :p

Sell My Car said on October 21, 2011

Great stuff! Really I salute you McMahon for being so fantastic duty and I wish you for awesome work and we all stuffs celebrates International Women’s Day with additional excitements. wink Hopefully you display the entire items soon! smile

Off the shoulder Wedding Dresses said on October 24, 2011

Going on a flying fox in your wedding dress seems completely nuts anyway (yikes, imagine flashing your wedding night undies at your wedding guests, AND catching your gown in the wheel and leaving half of your skirt behind… classy), but going on a flying fox closely followed by your heavier groom without considering the laws of gravity is just… well, take a look.

Cartier love bracelets replica said on October 27, 2011

i love travelling and listening to the musici love travelling and listening to the musicpandora jewelry pandora sale uk thomas sabo barcklets shop buy cheap online oakley sunglasses charmsi love travelling and listening to the music.Cartier love bracelets replica

North Face Clearance said on November 07, 2011

north face jackets clearance help to keep warm by method of enhanced all round posture, which in turn may possibly help warmer, in particular, you can wear north face clothes during the raining,windy’s day.it keep you warmer and safe during the bad weater.Good experient share with us,I usually purchase the north face online during the holiday,you can find many north face clearance online,good price and same quality.

Dancing contest said on December 01, 2011

That’s great news update. March is coming soon. So, we need preparation to celebrate International women day. Thanks!
dancing contest

cheap north face said on December 04, 2011

A lot of the time there will be a surplus of the cheap north face jacketsbecause other people don’t want to pay that much for a jacket! This is why you can generally wait a bit longer and wait for the retailer to mark the price down before buying, because there will be plenty left to choose from. This is a good way to get cheap north face jackets online now.When you are shopping for cheap north face jackets is definitely one of the best brands to stick with.

beach chairs said on December 13, 2011

I also appreciate your blog and really happy to read your blogs keep it up…very good

where to buy white truffle butter said on December 14, 2011

Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing knowledge with us. This site is fantastic. I always find great knowledge from it.

Sector 9 Skateboards said on December 26, 2011

Hey mate, this is actually surprising reports as so long. I just impressed that 10 thousand villagers celebrates international woman’s day. I just noticed the impressive crafts whatever show hand crafted Alexandria. Thanks for letting us know something very well input. Keep it up!

tampa web design company said on December 28, 2011

I like this post very much and very informative post. All things are described in very beautiful way. I think you should continue to make this type of post.

dollar store wholesalers said on December 28, 2011

It is rather interesting for me to read this article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read more on this site soon.

contest and sweepstakes said on December 30, 2011

Wow! Brilliant info! It’s very impressive content. I truly inspired to read that 10 thousand villagers celebrates international womens day. Thanks!

Share a Comment

Name:

Email:

URL:

Remember my personal information

Notify me of follow-up comments?

Submit the word you see below: