Gallery Lafayette

Gallery Lafayette

Featured Artist: Todd Healy

Friday, April 20, 2012

Behind-the-Scenes

Our featured artist this month – Gallery Lafayette owner Todd Healy – epitomizes what Handcrafted Alexandria is all about.  When Todd first visited Alexandria in the 1970s from his hometown of Virginia Beach, he fell in love with the city and found his artistic muse in its architecture and unique history.  Shortly thereafter, he and his wife made a home in Alexandria, and the love affair blossomed.

Working originally in pen and ink, and later in watercolor, Todd set about capturing the sense of home and ever-present history in Alexandria. “When I walk along the footpaths of George Washington who first surveyed these original lots of Alexandria, I often think of the artisans who built these homes and public buildings, by hand, using minimal tools, and how almost 300 years later they are still in use.”  His vibrant watercolors and illustrations of the city’s residential and commercial architecture are dedicated to these artisans and their significant contributions to this city. "I want to give people a sense of who built and lived in these houses and what their lives were like.  You could say that I am looking beyond the doors and windows and seeing a home where real people live."

Todd Healy sells his paintings, along with calendars, mugs and cards with prints of his work, at the Gallery Lafayette in Gadsby Arcade across from City Hall.  More information is available at http://gallerylafayette.net.

Blake | Cheap Catalog Printing said on April 26, 2012

The works of Todd Healy are one of those few pieces which are rich in artistic value and quality. Aside from his paintings, the mugs are also worth to be collected by art enthusiasts.

vibram five fingers said on April 26, 2012

Just wanted to give you a shout from the valley of the sun, great information. Much appreciated.

Logo Design said on April 30, 2012

It’s very kind of you sharing good passage with us.Yes,indeed,Learning to choose shoes yourself is very important but
difficult.
T-Shirt Design Software

Shelly Oakson said on April 30, 2012

Wow!!! Looks professional artists wonderful handmade paintings indeed. I’m impressed and surprised much more. Thanks!

Lucy Kelly said on May 02, 2012

Lovely painting! I just pleased to read about it. Really I was looking forward to read about it. I love it. Thanks for this allocation. smile

PSD To HTML said on May 08, 2012

They are talking about the business points.In previous time they were in great distressed for having some problems,It can make women more beautiful and confident.

HTML To Magento

PSD To Zen Cart

HTML To Joomla

Hire PHP Developer

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) said on May 15, 2012

Truly amazing! At first look I thought it’s a painting. I also wanna claim the maker of the building as an artist not architect. The creative thought of an artistic mind is nicely reflect on the entire structure of the building. I think I would do as Todd, too. Wish to go Alexandria to enjoy the beauty of bricks! Thanks.
Womens Jeans

College Storage said on May 16, 2012

Wow great job doing that with pen and ink. Truly amazed at the patience it takes for artist to make one these.

Student Self Storage said on May 16, 2012

I think the pictures are awesome.

NY student storage said on May 16, 2012

Great work! I think this artist is awesome.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) said on May 18, 2012

but toping g20 driver encourage economic development and is actively promoting

new media said on May 19, 2012

I was totally surprised after watching gallery lafayette owner todd Healy. It was fulfilled with featured arts. Looking forward more Handcrafted Alexandria.

Liz said on May 19, 2012

Amazing pieces.  Just love Todd Healy’s work.  Anyone who sees his work wants to visit Alexandria.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) said on May 19, 2012

That’s beautiful featured arts showcase. I was totally surprised to see the featured arts pieces. Although I would like to say thanks featured artists for exceptional arts!

Jimmy Laure
CEO 24 hour urgent care houston

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) said on May 21, 2012

the East Free taylormade r11 driverTrade Area

Facebook Application Developers said on May 22, 2012

I am little bit shocked to hear that and i am impressed by this site.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) said on May 23, 2012

I just pleased to read and see featured arts showcase. I was looking forward to read about it. Love this. Thanks for this allocation. LOL
beach home

website design bangalore said on May 24, 2012

It was an amazing read about the web designers bangalore

Gwiddsvam said on May 24, 2012

Inherent sales potential: If you’re an outdated give for selling significant ticket solutions just like cars and trucks and also insurance policies you have a leg-up inside the properties home business. But whether or not you have never available major merchandise in advance of, don’t forget a procurement is usually a sales is really a profit. If you possibly could provide thimbles, you can sell houses.  http://www.virginmobil.com  These kind of classic procedures having said that might only be discovered with Japan in most still left Aikido dojo. Today, to find out and grow students involving Aikido, you need to find an Aikido martial arts school handily in your to be able to be present at train frequently.
helpful resources smartly because of education fundamental crikett
click
correctly by way of being taught fundamental http://blueunlockiphone4s.com ,

Paul Balckburn said on May 24, 2012

Fantastic Art! I hope I could do this!

Logo Design said on May 25, 2012

I found so many interesting in your blog especially its discussion. keep up the good work.
I like to share this post…

Gimnusvam said on May 26, 2012

This is done by simply studying recording key strokes, web browsing history and perhaps even encoding a user�s hard drive. Appears like an item the real estate sector only within Bond videos but evidently our company is wrong proper may be a unwilling recipient involving spyware and adware. It can be safe the news target considering that crammed to get watched of the his / her online exercises. Spyware may with good reason be employed to secret agent regarding crooks mainly because this sort of use is excellent the community so how with regard to the usage of spy ware to successfully indentify debit card information etc. There does exist little explanation in the relaxed on the make use of spy ware.  unlock iphone 3g rapidshare your current wonderful information keeps it returning, yet it is
info here Info on how to unlock iphone 3g via itunes
unlock iphone 3g
Have you any idea A way to http://easyunlockiphone3gtutorials.info !

Gumwisvam said on May 27, 2012

PPPPP unlock iphone 3g 16gb 4.1 Obtained in this position from gingivitis, there isn’t any loss of calcaneus plan. It is possible to make it possible to prevent gingivitis although, by way of flossing and then flossing maybe once or twice per day. If you’ve gotten gingivitis also, you don�t do something about it, it may possibly cause gum disorder. Those just who don�t treat gingivitis or perhaps men and women who maintain very poor oral cleanliness patterns, will often get periodontal affliction.
Your Domain Name firmly when finding out basic fundamentals of unlock iphone 3g not jailbreak
Resources
carefully by just finding out an overview http://quickunlockiphone3gguides.info .

Mark said on May 28, 2012

Hay Todd Healy, your painting creativity is really nice indeed! I like to your all painting calendars, mugs and cards with prints of his work and want to collect these for my gallery show. Thanks for informing with us.ecommerce software

Gumwisvam said on May 29, 2012

the self-esteem…”  unlock iphone 3g yellowsn0w failure or success from your adsheet endeavor!
Read Full Report safely and securely by simply discovering basic principles unlock iphone 3g 7a400
how to unlock iphone 3g version 4.2.1
in a safe manner just by studying basic http://quickunlockiphone3gguides.info ?

Share a Comment

Commenting is not available in this section entry.